Just extend your hand to Me..

5.29.2009
 
 
 Edit Post
The source of my inspiration for this post comes from my favorite track on the new IBC cd, "Changing Times". But all of you Gateway folks, just know I still love ya ;)

There's this lovely lady I met a couple of weeks ago that goes to IBC named Farrah Easter and she wrote and sings the most awesome and powerful song, "I Extend Mercy" and it is one of those that gets to me in a way most songs don't. And yes, it is currently on repeat. Ha.

So many times I forget that God is always right there. Literally, walking with me everyday. And while this is common knowledge for a child of God, I don't think I fully utilize the power He offers. All I have to do is extend my hand to Him and he'll fill the space in between.
God is always there showing mercy, grace, peace, love, joy, etc., but most of the time I don't give Him the opportunity to bless or move.
It blows my mind.
Whenever the devil thinks he's going to get me and beat me over the head for something I've done, I let him.
But here is the God of all glory, extending his many blessings and his amazing and beautiful love and mercy, but I won't even open the door for Him to move.

Okay, I'm done. Now, everybody, go buy "Changing Times"!

..do you cry
When you think no ones around
Do you think
That I don't see your tears that hit the ground
So would it hurt for you to try to trust me though I know you doubt
That I see you dying inside and beating up yourself
Your life could be much richer with me
Cause time and time again,
I extend mercy
I extend healing
I extend blessings
I offer you peace
I extend love
I extend grace
I extend hope
and I offer you these
If you'll extend your hand to Me.

You gotta keep holding on, pushing on, keep pressing on.
You're coming out stronger!
 
 
comments. Post a Comment